Friday, June 7, 2013

Guilt free ranch dressing!

There are things we all have trouble giving up, and the thought of having salads regularly without creamy, yummy ranch dressing worried me.  So I took to the internet and did some research.  Now I've made my own ranch dressing, and there will be no guilt when I squeeze it on my veggies!

To package it after I mixed it up, I just funneled it into an empty, washed out italian dressing bottle and labeled it.  If your dressing is on the thick side (like mine) you'll have to stir your dressing with a fork inside the funnel to get it to drain through.

For my nutrition info below, I calculated the nutrition info for a half cup serving size... remember that half a cup = 8 tbsp.  The serving size is much bigger than regular ranch dressing, so pour it on if you like.

Ingredients-

2 cups Oikos fat free plain greek yogurt
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch mix
Water


Mix the packet into two cups of the yogurt til it's fully incorporated.  Add water just a little at a time til your mixture is the consistency of ranch dressing.  Refrigerate and enjoy!


Nutrition Info:  Serving Size 1/2 cup

Calories - 65
Carbs    -  5.5
Protein  - 11g
Potasium - 120mg
Calcium -  12.5

Let's compare this recipe to regular ranch and pretend that you actually only eat the 2tbsp serving size.

Nutrition Info for Regular Ranch Dressing:
Serving size: 2 tbsp (1/4 the quantity of the above recipe)

Calories: 145
Fat: 14g
Sat. Fat: 2.5
Carbs: 2g
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 1g







No comments:

Post a Comment