Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cake Batter Protein Shake

This was an interesting recipe to come across.  I made some minor alterations to the original, and there are some notes I have to add.  First, don't add the recommended Splenda til you've made and tasted the shake.  This thing is SWEET!  I added the Splenda in the recipe and I think I'll choose to leave it out next time.  For those of you that like the heavy dessert flavor, you might opt to add it.  This really does have a great cake-batter flavor to it, and I've not had a "diet" dessert that I could indulge this much in that tasted so authentic.

2nd, don't be turned off by the ingredients here.  The cottage cheese really gives this milk-shakey texture to this.

Lastly, after you blend, if you think the shake is too thin, put it in the fridge for 5 minutes.  The pudding mix will thicken it up a bit.  If it's still too thin for you, add a little more cottage cheese or a few more ice cubes.


Here's the recipe:

1/2 cupLow fat cottage cheese 
1Scoop vanilla protein powder 
3-5 Drops vanilla
1 tbs Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Mix (I used Jello brand)

1-2tspSplenda
1/2 cup       Water (Alter this according to desired consistency)
5-10Ice Cubes (Depending on how thick you like it, use less for a thinner consistency)      


Put the ice cubes in first, then add the rest.  You'll have to scrape the sides of the blender once or twice depending on how good your blender is.  You don't want any lumps.  Check consistency and alter to suit your tastes.  There is plenty here to split with someone if you don't want a huge dessert.  This can be stored in the fridge overnight!

Nutrition Info:
1 Shake
187 Calories
2 g Fat
5 g Carbohydrate
3 g Sugar
35 g Protein

Here are some pictures. I just added about a cup of shake to my glass, since this is such a sweet treat.



No comments:

Post a Comment