Sunday, July 20, 2014

Venue

I was looking after my most recent blog post for ceremony related things.  I took the step that scared me the most, looking for venues.  Venues are expensive, and when I searched for anything with the word "venue" in the search, we were looking at between $1,500 and $5,000.  Fuck that noise.

Then I got smart.  I looked for simpler, but still in keeping with my mental theme.  First, state parks... cheap, but the good spots are several hours drive from Denver.  Then, with little hope for something pretty, I searched Denver parks, and I found the perfect spot for $350. 

Washington Park Boathouse is a historic structure, has the space, plenty of parking, is on a lake, will be great for pretty pictures, and it has that southern gothic feel I wanted.  The fee gets us the venue for almost 12 hours.

Here's some pics of it....







No comments:

Post a Comment